The Thyroid gland in our body is a vital hormonal gland which helps in the metabolism, growth, and development of the body.
– It releases a steady amount of thyroid hormones into the bloodstream which helps to regulate many body vital functions including the heart, brain, liver, kidneys and skin.
– When your thyroid makes either too much or too little of these important hormones, it is called THYROID disease.
– Thyroid disease can affect anyone… men, women, infants, teenagers & the elderly.
– And also a women is about five to eight times more likely to be diagnosed with thyroid than men.
With thyroid disease you can experience various symptoms which can be of two types.
1 – Symptoms of an overactive thyroid may include
* Anxiety, irritability and nervousness
* Eye irritation or vision problems
* Sensitivity to heat
* Muscular weakness and tremors.
* Losing weight.
* Suffering from enlarged thyroid gland i.e. Goiter
* Menstrual cycle irregularities
* Trouble sleeping
2 –Symptoms of an underactive thyroid may include
* Gaining weight
* Frequent or heavy menstrual periods
* Dry and coarse hair
* Hoarse voice
* Intolerance of cold temperatures
It’s not an exhaustive list. If you observe any of the above symptoms see a doctor immediately and get the required thyroid blood tests done at your doorsteps. Also the best time to give your blood sample is in the morning, as the thyroid levels can fluctuate in the evenings.
Be healthy, be safe. #MedShubh
For a complete health check-up please visit Dr Lal PathLabs center in Noida