What’s TB & its symptoms
Tuberculosis (Commonly Known as TB) is caused by bacteria and spreads when a person with active TB disease in their lungs coughs or sneezes and someone else inhales the expelled droplets, which contain TB bacteria.
The bacteria usually attack the lungs. But TB bacteria can attack any part of the body such as the kidney, spine or brain. Also if not treated properly it can be fatal.
TB and it’s effected types
People infected with TB bacteria have a lifetime risk of falling ill with TB. However persons with compromised immune systems such as people living with HIV, malnutrition or diabetes or people who use tobacco have a much higher risk of falling I’ll.
Types may include
– Active TB – Presently suffering from TB
– Miliary TB – TB bacteria has entered bloodstream
– Latent TB – People have been infected with bacteria but cannot transmit disease.
Symptoms of TB may include:
– Bad cough that lasts 3 weeks or longer
– Pain in the chest
– Coughing up blood or sputum
– No appetite followed by weight loss
– Chills, fever followed by weakness and fatigue
– Sweating at night.
It’s not an exhaustive list. Please consult your Doctor for proper diagnosis. Active drug sensitive TB disease can be cured when medicines are provided and taken properly.
Get yourself checked today with appropriate packages at your doorsteps.
For a complete health check-up please visit Dr Lal PathLabs center in Noida