Complete Blood Count commonly known as CBC is a group of tests that evaluate the cells that circulate in blood, including RBC, WBC and Platelets.
CBC is done to evaluate your overall health and detect a wide range of disorders, including anemia, infection and leukemia.
CBC test measures several components and features of your blood including:
– RBC s which carry oxygen.
– WBCs which fight infection.
– Hemoglobin, the oxygen carrying protein in RBCs
– Hematocrit, the proportion of RBC to the fluid component or plasma in your blood.
– Platelets, which help the blood clotting.
CBC as a part of routine checkup is used to:-
– Check for anemia – a condition that causes you to have fewer RBC than usual.
– Find out if you’ve another health issue or to explain symptoms like weakness, fever, bruising or feeling tired.
– Keep an eye on a blood condition.
– to see how medications, medical conditions or treatments like chemotherapy are affecting your blood.
It is basically done:
– To review your overall health
– To diagnose a medical condition.
– To monitor a medical condition.
– To monitor medical treatment.
These ranges may vary with Doctor and or Lab. Get your parameters checked today at your doorsteps n be healthy.
Be healthy, be safe. #MedShubh
For a complete health check-up please visit Dr Lal PathLabs center in Noida