MedShubh(“us”, “we”, or “MedShubh”, which also includes its affiliates) is the author and publisher of the internet resource www.MedShubh.com(“Website”) on the world wide web as well as the software and applications provided by MedShubh, including but not limited to the mobile application.
- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”);
iii. Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- The type of information collected from the Users, including Personal Information (as defined in paragraph 2 below) and Sensitive Personal Data or Information (as defined in paragraph 2 below) relating to an individual;
- The purpose, means and modes of collection, usage, processing, retention and destruction of such information; and
- How and to whom MedShubh will disclose such information.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally some of the Services require us to know who you are so that we can best meet your needs. When you access the Services, or through any interaction with us via emails, telephone calls or other correspondence, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you. You hereby consent to the collection of such information by MedShubh. Without prejudice to the generality of the above, information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- contact data (such as your email address and phone number);
- demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your pin code);
iii. data regarding your usage of the services and history of the appointments made by or with you through the use of Services;
- insurance data (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan);
- other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us (such as information shared by you with us through emails or letters.
The information collected from you by MedShubh may constitute ‘personal information’ or ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules.
“Personal Information” is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The SPI Rules further define “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” of a person to mean personal information about that person relating to:
vii. financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
viii. physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- information received by body corporate under lawful contract or otherwise;
xii. visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter; and
xiii. call data records.
MedShubh will be free to use, collect and disclose information that is freely available in the public domain without your consent.
3.1 ALL USERS NOTE:
This section applies to all users.
3.1.3All the information provided to MedShubh by a User, including Personal Information or any Sensitive Personal Data or Information, is voluntary. You understand that MedShubh may use certain information of yours, which has been designated as Personal Information or ‘Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ under the SPI Rules, (a) for the purpose of providing you the Services, (b) for commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, (c) for sale or transfer of such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates (d) for communication purpose so as to provide you a better way of booking appointments and for obtaining feedback in relation to the Practitioners and their practice, (e) debugging customer support related issues.. (f) for the purpose of contacting you to complete any transaction if you do not complete a transaction after having provided us with your contact information in the course of completing such steps that are designed for completion of the transaction. MedShubh also reserves the right to use information provided by or about the End-User for the following purposes:
- Publishing such information on the Website.
- Contacting End-Users for offering new products or services.
iii. Contacting End-Users for taking product and Service feedback.
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing anonymized practice information for commercial use.
If you have voluntarily provided your Personal Information to MedShubh for any of the purposes stated above, you hereby consent to such collection and use of such information by MedShubh. However, MedShubh shall not contact You on Your telephone number(s) for any purpose including those mentioned in this sub-section 4.1(iii), if such telephone number is registered with the Do Not Call registry (“DNC Registry”) under the PDPA without your express, clear and un-ambiguous written consent.
3.1.5 MedShubh does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Services and, therefore, MedShubh specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Services, and you agree that you waive any claims against MedShubh relating to same, and to the extent such waiver may be ineffective, you agree to release any claims against MedShubh relating to the same.
3.1.7 If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, contact us through support@MedShubh.com . We will retain your information for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you the Services. We shall not retain such information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes. Please note that your withdrawal of consent, or cancellation of account may result in MedShubh being unable to provide you with its Services or to terminate any existing relationship MedShubh may have with you.
3.1.8 If you wish to opt-out of receiving non-essential communications such as promotional and marketing-related information regarding the Services, please send us an email at support@MedShubh.com .
3.1.9 MedShubh may require the User to pay with a credit card, wire transfer, online transfer, debit card or cheque for Services for which subscription amount(s) is/are payable. MedShubh will collect such User’s credit card number and/or other financial institution information such as bank account numbers and will use that information for the billing and payment processes, including but not limited to the use and disclosure of such credit card number and information to third parties as necessary to complete such billing operation. Verification of credit information, however, is accomplished solely by the User through the authentication process. User’s credit-card/debit card details are transacted upon secure sites of approved payment gateways which are digitally under encryption, thereby providing the highest possible degree of care as per current technology. However, MedShubh provides you an option not to save your payment details. User is advised, however, that internet technology is not full proof safe and User should exercise discretion on using the same.
3.1.10Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when a User or the End-User or anyone who visits the Website, MedShubh automatically receives the URL of the site from which anyone visits. MedShubh also receives the Internet Protocol (IP) address of each User’s computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the World Wide Web), User’s computer operating system and type of web browser the User is using, email patterns, as well as the name of User’s ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help MedShubh improve its Service. The linkage between User’s IP address and User’s personally identifiable information is not shared with or disclosed to third parties. Notwithstanding the above, MedShubh may share and/or disclose some of the aggregate findings (not the specific data) in anonymized form (i.e., non-personally identifiable) with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to help grow its business.
3.1.11 The Website may enable User to communicate with other Users or to post information to be accessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. Such Users, including any moderators or administrators, are not authorized MedShubh representatives or agents, and their opinions or statements do not necessarily reflect those of MedShubh, and they are not authorized to bind MedShubh to any contract. MedShubh hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any reliance or misuse of such information that is made available by Users or visitors in such a manner.
3.1.13 MedShubh maintains a strict “No-Spam” policy, which means that MedShubh does not intend to sell, rent or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third party without your consent.
3.1.14 MedShubh has implemented best international market practices and security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that it has under its control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, for any data loss or theft due to unauthorized access to the User’s electronic devices through which the User avails the Services, MedShubh shall not be held liable for any loss whatsoever incurred by the User.
3.1.15 MedShubh implements reasonable security practices and procedures and has a comprehensive documented information security programme and information security policies that contain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of MedShubh’s business.
The Website uses temporary cookies to store certain (that is not sensitive personal data or information) that is used by MedShubh and its service providers for the technical administration of the Website, research and development, and for User administration. In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing services to its Users, MedShubh may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on the User’s browser. The cookies however, do not store any Personal Information of the User. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the Website, but the Website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
- A User may have limited access to the Website without creating an account on the Website. Unregistered Users can make appointments with the doctors by providing their name and phone number. In order to have access to all the features and benefits on our Website, a User must first create an account on our Website. To create an account, a User is required to provide the following information, which such User recognizes and expressly acknowledges is Personal Information allowing others, including MedShubh, to identify the User: name, User ID, email address, country, ZIP/postal code, age, phone number, password chosen by the User and valid financial account information. Other information requested on the registration page, including the ability to receive promotional offers from MedShubh, is optional. MedShubh may, in future, include other optional requests for information from the User to help MedShubh to customize the Website to deliver personalized information to the User.
If a User uses the Services or accesses the Website after a notice of changes has been sent to such User or published on the Website, such User hereby provides his/her/its consent to the changed terms.
All advertising on MedShubh.com (hereinafter “MedShubh”) is subject to this policy. MedShubh has the right to refuse any advertisement that is inappropriate or incompatible with our mission and this policy.
MedShubh does not accept advertising that contains false or misleading claims or promotes ineffective or dangerous products. MedShubh also does not accept advertising for alcohol, tobacco, firearms or pornography.
MedShubh does not accept advertising that contain any of the following:
- Obscene words, phrases, and profanity
- Sexual Acts (graphics or text) in any form
- Gross depictions (graphic or text) of any kind which are crudely vulgar or grossly deficient in civility or behavior or which show scatological impropriety
- Pictures or text that depict cruelty, physical, or emotional abuse against any person or animal intended to hurt or cause pain
- Pictures or text advocating prejudice or discrimination against any race, color, national origin, religion, disability or handicap, gender, or sexual orientation
- Any intolerant jokes or slurs
- Link to any cult or group advocating devil worship, an affinity for evil, or wickedness in any form advocating illegal use of drugs of any kind
- Militant/Extremist/Arms /Unlawful propagation or propaganda of any kind
- Questionable/dubious activities that may be illegal anywhere or everywhere such as copyright infringement, computer hacking software piracy, gambling relating to casinos, betting, numbers games, on-line sports or financial betting, including non-monetary dares etc.; lottery ads are exempted
MedShubh wields absolute editorial control and independence throughout the website. MedShubh receives funding from third parties and advertisers who pay for the right to advertise their companies and products on our site. This funding supports MedShubh’s effort to create and publish accurate and authentic health content and applications for the benefit of consumers and patients and healthcare professionals worldwide.
All advertisements are segregated from our health information and content. Each advertisement is distinct and easily identifiable
Contact Us for Advertisements on the website through support@MedShubh.com.
- Correction Policy
3.1.6You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your personal information changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through privacy@MedShubh.com. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or MedShubh has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, MedShubh may, at its sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Services to you. There may be circumstances where MedShubh will not correct, delete or update your Personal Data, including (a) where the Personal Data is opinion data that is kept solely for evaluative purpose; and (b) the Personal Data is in documents related to a prosecution if all proceedings relating to the prosecution have not been completed.
- Contact Us
- About WebMD
- WebMD Health Services
- Advertise with Us
- Advertising Policy