Ankle sprains :
Treating your sprained ankle properly may prevent chronic pain. One can follow RICE guidelines:
- Rest – Don’t put weight on injured area.
- Ice – Put a bag of ice on the injured area for 10 minutes at a time.
- Compress – you can wrap the injured area with an elastic bandage.
- Elevation – Lie down and place the injured area on a pillow.
- Please consult your doctor for medical advice after first aid or if pain increases or there’s numbness in the area or you are not able to walk.